One Hundred Sixty Eight Days After

One Hundred Sixty Eight Days After by J. Kuzmier --  photo by John B. at JohnBdigital.com     

You’ve heard the story before. A massive, unexplained disaster sweeps the land. There is no power. All electronics have been destroyed. Everyone hopes for help from the outside, but it doesn’t come. Modern civilization is gone forever. Every second is a fight for survival. In the midst of it, a lone female is left to wander in the wake of disaster, isolated and without anyone to help her.

Disaster fiction is full of these story lines, watching as the seemingly helpless and weak are left roaming the blotted landscape, all to be exploited by the most violent of the violent. But does this vicious and brutal plot have to be the story line in a post-apocalyptic world?

One Hundred Sixty Eight Days After is a novella that explores whether there is hope for humanity in post-civilization, or if the survivors are doomed to a vicious and gloomy life where everyone lives by the basest of animal instincts. Will the meek inherit the earth, or does survival of the fittest mean that the most violent bullies and tyrants will render the rest of the populace into submission? Is belief in humanity’s kindness a pipe dream, or reality? Follow the journey of Beth on her search for survival, community, security and perhaps the dream of once again living out a life of the highest of human instincts: hope, love, cooperation and friendship.

Available as an e-book on Amazon.

2 Responses to “One Hundred Sixty Eight Days After”

  1. You write beautifully, Jessica. I hope you got this published somewhere already.