Thank God You Are Gone

There you are, walking past me like I don’t exist, but I know you see me. Damn you, you are a liar. Everything that you said to me was part of, what? I don’t even know. I knew you were a slut of a player from the minute I met you, but no, oh no. You acted all sweet, so gentle; me? Oh no, I really really like you. Just you, you’re so special, you blathered away at me. Idiot I was, I fell for it, I believed it.

But then I find it out. You’re on the make and on the prowl; what, did you think it wouldn’t come up in a conversation, somewhere along the line? You think you women are the only ones who talk? You think I wouldn’t learn what you did? Especially with who you did it with. God, I was such an idiot. But I guess I am looking in the mirror, looking at you. I’m the true idiot for even trusting you.

You’re pissed at what I’ve done to you? Good. Go play to the victim and whine with all the girls. That’s all any of you are good for, playing games, playing victim, pretending your games are all the product of being too nice or whatever crap of the day you think will work on us now. No more of you and your games. Do you even know what you did? You burned me when I was already bleeding. And there you are, ignoring me? Not even an acknowledgment that I existed in your life? And I know you know I’m there.

So now, after all that, you choose a new victim, someone you think I’ll never talk to. You’re with him now, whispering away in a corner, far away from me. So that’s how you’re going to play it? Dumping me out like trash on the street so you can pick up some rubble on the sidewalk and call it gold? What’s the matter, your games don’t work on men with brains anymore? You know I figured you out, you bitch. That’s why you’re with him now. You know you can’t play with me.

So fine. Be with him. Go hang out in the sewer where you belonged to begin with. I don’t need you. You are the worst bitch I have met, because at least I know the other ones loved me at some point. But you? You treated me like a game from the day I met you.

So go. Say the same crap to him that you did to me. Oh, I’m so innocent and so sweet and so untouched please just love me. I hope he burns you like you did me. I will never want to see you again unless you are dying in agony so I can ignore you like you are doing to me now. And you know I’m thinking this. It’s why you ignore me, but I know that you know. So long! Thank God you are gone.

2 Responses to “Thank God You Are Gone”

  1. Alfred Voto says:

    I always look forward to your stories. You write equally well from both a female and male perspective. 🙂

    Best, Alfred